How I Work
My approach in psychotherapy and how I work with my clients is informed by a deep respect and compassion for the human complexity of suffering. Through my own journey of making peace with the suffering parts of myself I have found ways to work with my clients that can bring them into similar spaces of peace, acceptance and aliveness.
If you have questions or wish to schedule an appointment after reading below the best way is to email me at email@example.com
The specialized trainings I have received and continue to update and equip myself with include:
Certified Internal Family Systems (IFS) therapist having completed level 3 IFS training.
National and International trainer in Prolonged Exposure Therapy (PE) for PTSD for The Center for the Treatment and Study of Anxiety at UPENN in Philadelphia. I spent 3 years traveling the US, Europe and Korea training psychologists social workers and psychiatrists for the Department of Defense in treating PTSD for combat trauma. I continue to consult with DoD providers in offering supervision in this area of combat trauma.
Trained in Eye Movement, Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) for PTSD
Trained in Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
Trained Spiritual Director in the Ignatius and Carmelite traditions.
Trained in Emotional Focused Couples Therapy (EFT) and Intimacy From the Inside Out (IFIO)
Most of all I am a fellow human being on a similar journey to that of my clients. A journey seeking to maximize psychological health and flexibility while deepening access to spiritual resources that lie in the depths of what we call “Self”.
If you are wondering whether I am a good fit for you to work with, this is what you might expect
- You will be invited to let me know some significant life events that have influenced who you are today.
- You will be invited to slow everything down in the moment, ask your thinking mind to step back and make contact with what is happening in your body.
- You will be invited to open up to and expand your capacity to be with parts of yourself that typically get exiled or controlled.
- You will be aided in connecting with the core of you that is fundamentally whole and ultimately resourceful.
- You will be guided in bringing forth these inner resources and resilient qualities of yourself to those parts of you desperately needing acknowledgment, validation, acceptance, and compassion.
- You will be helped identify behaviors and ways of acting in your life and in your relationships that are more aligned with what is of ultimate value to you, and less driven by fear and shame.